Pacific World has highlighted some crucial MICE trends to watch for in 2018. “Over the past several months, we’ve systematically collected data, insights and feedback from our worldwide network of planners and clients,” said Patricia Silvio, Global Marketing Manager, Pacific World. “We’ve learned about the most requested destinations as well as the types of engagements that are trending. While many believe in the importance and use of technology for events, we believe it is important to focus on another level of connection. In the last year, we have seen a change in the way our clients approach travel. An incentive is not a nice trip to reward an employee; it is also an opportunity to interact, learn and experience. We’re seeing a new generation of global citizens that are committed to the idea of an open and interconnected world. They are experienced travellers who seek new fulfilling experiences that deliver emotional engagement.”
The new culture noted by Paciifc World are mentioned below:
Engagement Trends: Go Local – Experiences that tie guests to the destination are growing in popularity.
- Of requests for Asia, Thailand (18 per cent), China (15 per cent), Indonesia (14 per cent) and Hong Kong (13 per cent) comprise the most.
- Of 1,500 events operated over the past 6 months by Pacific World, China, Spain and Thailand have hosted the most events. More than 200 events have been held in China; 195 in Spain and 180 in Thailand.
- Demand for European destinations have increased 44 per cent over the last year, with Spain leading the requests. Over the past 8 months, requests for Spain alone were 16 per cent of all requests.
- Barcelona and Madrid are the top two destinations in Spain, followed by growing interest in Malaga and Tenerife.
- London, Paris, Rome, Monaco and Germany remain very popular for meetings and events.
- Peru is emerging as a sought-after destination: 7 per cent of requests from around the globe are for Peru.
- Large Events – Monaco and Germany have hosted the largest groups in the last 6 months.
Pacific World will be speaking about these trends at IMEX America.