The Government of Kerala has said that its tourism scenario has breathed a sigh of relief with the Nipah virus scare having diminished. The virus outbreak had threatened to affect tourism arrivals to the state. The state government also said that there have been no new cases of the Nipah virus attack reported over the past 21 days, and the state health department believes that the scare has waned off. “The health advisories issued by the State Health Department on May 22 and 25, 2018, soon after the Nipah virus had made its appearance, have now been withdrawn. The government believes that it is absolutely safe for travellers to arrive in Kerala,” a statement by the state government said.
As per the latest health advisory released by the Kerala Health and Family Welfare Department, the Nipah virus outbreak is over in Kerala. The advisory substantiates this with the fact that there have been absolutely no new cases of the virus attack reported over the past 21 days, and this is more that the longest recorded incubation period of the virus. Travellers who had been putting off their travels plans fearing the virus can now be sure enough that it is absolutely safe to travel to Kerala. The scare has died off and the state’s destinations are as safe as before, the statement said.