ICICI Bank have announced its partnership with MakeMyTrip to introduce a range of co-branded credit cards for travel enthusiasts. According to the agreement, ICICI Bank will offer two types of credit card – MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Platinum Credit Card and MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Signature Credit Card. The cards provide customers attractive lifestyle privileges as well as the opportunity to convert their daily spends on the card to MakeMyTrip ‘MyCash’, the reward currency of the travel portal. Each reward point earned as ‘My Cash’ has a value of Re 1. It can be redeemed across an array of categories on the travel portal such as air-travel, hotel booking, holiday packages. Additionally, customers can also use it to redeem for vouchers of partner merchants of MakeMyTrip for categories including cab aggregators, online movie ticketing platforms, e-commerce portals among many others. Further, customers also get the advantage of joining benefits, additional bonus reward points from the bank on specified spends on the card, complimentary access to domestic airport & railway lounges and ‘MMTBLACK’ & ‘MMTDOUBLEBLACK’ – loyalty programmes of MakeMyTrip.
These cards are powered by the ‘VISA payWave’ contactless technology that enables the cardholder to make payments by simply tapping the card at contactless enabled terminals in more than 48 countries including India. The card can also be used by dipping or swiping at non-contactless merchants.
Anup Bagchi, Executive Director, ICICI Bank, said, “The new co-branded card offers customers unmatched benefits on travel related spends. We believe that this card will be yet another imperative addition to our existing range of credit and debit cards.”
Rajesh Magow, Co – Founder and Chief Executive Officer, MakeMyTrip, said; “This partnership will deliver most meaningful and distinctive value proposition to our customers making it the most rewarding way to travel.”
To pre-book any of the two variants of the MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank, SMS ‘MMTCard’ to <5676766> and our customer care executive will contact the customer. Shortly, interested customers will be able to book these cards through the Bank’s website & branches as well as on MakeMyTrip’s website and mobile application. ICICI Bank pre-qualified customers will have the advantage of being able to generate cards instantly and transact seamlessly.
Exclusive benefits include:
High reward points: Earn upto ‘4’ ‘My Cash’ points by spending Rs. 200 on the card. Each reward point on ‘My Cash’ is worth Re. 1.
- Accumulate unlimited reward points: There are no maximum limits on the reward points that one can accumulate as ‘My Cash’. The reward points have a validity of upto one year from the date of issuance.
- One time joining Fee and Benefits :
- MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Platinum Credit Card: Joining fee of Rs 500. Customers will get joining benefit of Rs 2500/- with 500 ‘My Cash’ points and a voucher from Lemon Tree Hotels worth Rs 2000/-
- MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Signature Credit Card: Joining fee of Rs 2500. Customers will get joining benefit of over Rs 5500/- with 1500 ‘My Cash’ points and a voucher from Lemon Tree Hotels worth Rs 2500/- and free enrolment into ‘MMTDOUBLEBLACK’ membership programme worth Rs 1499/-
- Zero annual fee : Customers do not have to pay any annual fee.
- Redeem reward points on MakeMyTrip and partner merchants: Customers can redeem ‘My Cash’ for their travel requirements on the travel portal. Additionally, they can also use it to redeem for vouchers of partner merchants including hotels, taxi aggregators and e-commerce shopping sites among others.
- Bonus rewards on milestone spends: Customers will get bonus reward points as ‘My Cash’ from the Bank on specified spends on the card. On spends between INR 50,000 and INR 5 lakh, customers will get ‘My Cash’ ranging from 1000 to 4000 respectively.
Lifestyle benefits: Complimentary access to participating airport and railway lounges, Buy 1 Get 1 movie ticket offer upto specified amounts a month on a leading online movie ticketing platform and host of other benefits from Airtel, Ola among many others.